Wednesday, October 30, 2013

One More Day

One day until NaNoWriMo officially begins.  I've got real life stuff to do, like homework, and currently I've got the Hunger Games playing on Netflix.

I haven't worked a bit on the storyline, and the only REAL thing I've changed about the story is the ethnicity of one of the major players in the story.  It was partly because I read a really awesome article recently that was written by an author about one of her own characters, but also because I realized that this change also made my character a whole lot sexier.

I still have to choose some things, like a few names and the powers of many of the characters, and on Friday (DAY ONE! *screams fangirl-style*) I'm going to be shooting off from the gate at midnight and writing until I've met the daily word quota before I head off to the Kick-Off Party/Write-In.

At the beginning of next month I'll be headed to the TGIO Party (Thank Goodness It's Over) and I'll be  wearing a NaNoWriMo Winner t-shirt or sweatshirt.

It's ONLY 1,667 words per day.  It's not all that much, but it won't feel like that at the end of the first week and start of the second.  If we keep repeating that mantra, however, we WILL be able to finish with at least 50k.

Superheroes, high fantasy, western, steampunk, or even general fiction (aka YA without the fantasy, usually).  It will work.

(Also, I missed Tracy Hickman giving a talk at the LDS Institute of Religion that's at my University today, dangit.  Had to be at another class that's clear across town, and couldn't skip it.  Did you know he was LDS?  Me neither.  Cooool)

No comments:

Post a Comment