Friday, November 1, 2013

Day One: The Kick-Off Party

Word Count:  2,135

I love nanowrimo.  Honestly, I do.  Sure, there were a couple of people I thought were a little odd, but the ones I stuck with, that I chatted with and quite possibly annoyed a little bit?  They were cool.  They were also from California, the west coast, and one of them even heard of, knew, and had been to some of the cities that I lived in back in Oregon.

This is a rare thing to have when you live in Utah now, trust me.

He also had some really cool writing 'tarot' cards, where when you want inspiration on a plot point, you draw a card and it gives you a prompt.  I drew one at the end right before I left, and ended up getting 'fear'.  I laughed, and he said, "Well that's no problem!"  Given how my story starts out at a warehouse with a superhero fight, yeah.

And while I felt like I didn't write a lot while I was there, I still managed to write more than I probably would have on my own, at home.  There were a ton of people there, many of which answered a lot of questions that you wouldn't expect the average person to know, and nobody judged.  (I also got a couple of free drinks--a mango/peach smoothie and a hot chocolate)  There were a couple of creepy people there, but they mostly kept to themselves or simply answered some questions when people asked them.

I ended up with 2,135 words today.  :D  Tomorrow, if I want to wimp out, I'll have to write only 1,199.  So that means I wrote 468 extra today.  It helps when you're at a write-in with a notebook instead of a laptop and don't have a word count telling you that you've done enough, that you don't have to write anymore for the day.

I might write more tonight.  It depends on how I'll feel after getting into mah pjs and watching an episode or two of House Hunters.

And the fight isn't over.  >:)

Here's a lovely picture of Captain America to tide y'all over til tomorrow.  :D


No comments:

Post a Comment