Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Day 12

So far:  18,395/20,000

Mmkay, I admit, I haven't been posting as much as I ought to.  BUT I can blame school, work, and just plain not feeling well.

I 've fallen behind twice, and only within the first week.

I hate falling behind.

The first time I fell behind, life got in the way, and I caught up by typing until 2 am, my brain in a fog and only the disappointed voices of my Wrimo Write-in buddies urging me on.  The second time I got sick, and it took the entire day last Sunday to catch up because my story has an attitude problem and doesn't want me to finish.

Work days are especially hard to to do writing, because I have class and a long bus ride (where it's difficult to write anyway because of bus rocking as it hits bumps in the road) writing in a notebook is hard.  Slow.  I used to love it, but that's when I don't have a 50k deadline to meet by the end of the month.

I really wish I had my laptop back.  Must convince Dad to call the tech peoples.

On the bright side, I've found I love Word Wars.  It's actually pretty nice heading to my region's IRC chat, where they pretty much have them going on all day (and I'm still not certain if 'Timmy' is a real person or a program/bot) and I seem to average about 300 words in ten minutes when I'm focused on trying to beat the other people--oddly enough, it works most of the time.

Anywho, I've got to skeedadle because I have to leave to get on the bus in 25 minutes and I still have not had breakfast.  I'll do another update tonight or tomorrow depending on how soon I finish today's/tomorrow's wordcount.  Tooodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment