Monday, November 18, 2013

Day 18 (really early!)

Wordcount:  27,399/28,333

At the time I write this, it's 12:30 am on Monday the 18th of November.  The internet is off so I can't post this until later.  I am 934 words away from completing the word goal of the 17th.  It isn't so very far, less than what a teacher normally requires for an essay in college.  In fact, I wrote a 6-8 page essay on Malcolm X in one night at the library the day before it was due.  I got an A on it.  Same thing with a 10 page short story I wrote based off The Frog Prince.  I was up until 3 or 4am on that one.

Yet.

934 seems like an eternity away.

But I must keep writing.  I want to be a published author some day that is able to live off of my words, and if I never finish a novel I'll never see that dream accomplished.

I will finish even if I have to stay up until 2 in the morning writing, lol.  That's what I get for ignoring the computer while I finish reading a good book.

Update:  Wordcount:  28,333/28,333

3 minutes to spare until two in the morning, and very happy.  My eyes want to cross of their own volition, and I'm about to send my character off on what's going to turn out to be a very interesting evening.  She's going to have to work with someone she angered before she knew they would have to work together.

Wheeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment