Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Day 13

Daily Wordcount: 22,323/21,671

I've done it.

This is my third official year doing Nanowrimo, and I've done it.

I've written more for this year's Nano than I have for each year previously.  The most I'd gotten before now was 22,050, and that was right around the point where I realized I was stuck and that I'd have to rewrite a huge chunk of story that was going nowhere.

And I'm not concerned about rewriting my story at all right now.  At least, not until I finish the story which should be at least one more month of Nano-ing.  There are some problems with voice and finding the character (In the beginning she had my sense of humor a little bit too much for her character).  

Now she has a whole lot more depth, like a love for horror novels and a really scrawny old cat named Chauncey (whose name I have to correct a few times earlier in the manuscript, later on).

This year is going pretty darn well.  :D  I've already made it through some hurdles, like wanting to quit early on because I wasn't quite sure if this was the story I wanted to write for Nano, and falling behind thanks to life and illness.  I'm sure I'll have some difficult times ahead.  Work, for one thing, and parents hollering at me to do something around the house. 

Anywho, I'm going to go and back up my novel in case we get a freak blizzard and/or the power cuts out.  So I'll post again at some point the next few days.

Let me leave you with a picture.  A nice one.



No comments:

Post a Comment